Mustang World Record Cruise-In
Friday, April 18
Downtown Kannapolis, approx. 6:30 p.m.
On Friday, April 18, at 6 p.m., 850 FORD MUSTANGS will cruise into Kannapolis from Charlotte Motor Speedway in an attempt to break the World Record for cars rolling in a caravan. The City is hosting a celebration upon their arrival downtown, with LIVE music, vendors and more.
The downtown event is FREE and open to the public. However, the World Record Attempt is hosted by the Mustang Club of America and is NOT open to the public. There are no spaces available.
Everyone is encouraged to come see the caravan arrive and enjoy the festivities downtown. For details and media inquiries, contact Meredith Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Times are approximate
- 6 p.m. Mustangs depart Z-max Dragway (Speedway Blvd.)
- 6:30 p.m. Caravan expected to arrive in Kannapolis
- 7 p.m. Food and craft vendors open, trolley tours begin
Live performance by “Continental Divide” will begin.
To break the World Record, there cannot be a break in the line. Roads on the route will be CLOSED as the caravan travels to Kannapolis. The Mustangs will be escorted by police, and once they have parked downtown, the route roads will RE-OPEN.
- START: Departing Charlotte Motor Speedway (Z-Max) approx. 6 p.m.
- RIGHT onto Weddington Road
- LEFT onto George Liles Parkway/Kannapolis Parkway
- RIGHT onto Mooresville Road (Highway 3) all the way into Downtown Kannapolis
Downtown Road Closures
To prepare for the cruise-in, the following roads downtown will be CLOSED at 2 p.m. Friday, remaining closed until after the event:
- West Ave.
- Research Campus Dr. (NC Research Campus “horseshoe”)
- West A St. and West B St.
- Oak Ave.
- Parking lots between Oak and Chestnut Aves.
West Ave. and Research Campus Dr. parking is reserved for REGISTERED caravan participants. Visitor parking will be available in/on the following:
- Main St. (including most parking lots)
- NC Research Campus parking garage
- Laureate Way
A map is available for those wanting to watch the Mustangs arrive in Kannapolis, as well as attend the downtown celebration.
Click on the image to view a printable map of the event.