The Parks and Recreation department offers recreation programs throughout the year, including trips and athletic leagues. Check this page regularly to see the latest recreation program information. You can also check the City’s events calendar. All programs require a completed program registration form, which should be mailed with your program fee, if applicable, to: Kannapolis Parks and Recreation, 700 West C Street, Kannapolis, NC 28081. Please make checks payable to “City of Kannapolis”. You may also call us at 704-920-4343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your name on the program registration list. A completed program registration form will still be required.
CURRENT PROGRAM LISTING
- Self Defense for youth – Wednesdays at Village Park; Class times vary; please click here to download the current spring 2014 class flyer for more information.
- Cheerleading for youth – Mondays at Kannapolis Middle School; Class times vary; please click here to download the current spring 2014 class flyer for more information.
- DRAMA KIDS PRESCHOOL PROGRAM: An Enchanted Adventure awaits your child! Drama Kids’ “Magic Carpet” will take your child on a make-believe journey each month. Children will participate in fun activities designed to encourage confidence and creativity through dramatic play. Children will receive a “souvenir” from each adventure. The program is designed for children (without parents staying). Children tend to do better this way, unless there are special circumstances. Click here to register now and don’t miss the fun!
- Days of the Week: Mondays
- Dates: May 12 and June 9
- May 12- A Creepy, Crawly Adventure
- June 9- Traveling “Under” the Sea
- Time: 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Ages: 3 – 5 years old
- Fee: $8.00 per child per class
- Site: Village Park Program Room
- Min/Max: 08/16
- Pre-registration due one week prior to class.
- MineCraft Program - Children (1st-5th grade) will build Bricks 4 Kidz models and craft key elements from the popular Minecraft game. Details:
- Who: Youth 1st-5th grade
- When: Saturday, May 3
- Time: 10 – Noon
- Where: Village Park: 700 West C Street, Kannapolis
- Cost: $20 per child
- Min 6/Max 30 students
- Pre-register by Wednesday, April 30
- Jackie Robinson Night at the Intimidators : Join the Intimidators on Friday, April 18 for a doubleheader – a ball game and a movie. Kannapolis Parks and Recreation will sponsor a tribute to Jackie Robinson by showing the movie “42″ after the game ends. Game starts at 7:05. Movie will begin as soon as the game reaches completion ~ about 9:15/9:30.
Jackie Robinson’s story is told in this biopic from writer/director Brian Helgeland. Robinson paved a new road for minorities by being the first African-American to play in Major League Baseball since the racial barrier was put in place in the late 1800s
- Other local resources for youth sports and recreational programs include:
- NorthWest Rec League (baseball, softball, soccer, adult soccer)
- Beyond Basketball at Memorial Baptist
- Cabarrus County Parks & Recreation
- Cannon Memorial YMCA
- Charlotte Sports Center
- City of Concord Parks and Recreation
- Dixie Youth Baseball
- Odell Youth Sports
- Upward Youth Sports at Parkwood Baptist
- Kannapolis Youth Football