The Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of recreational programs and events throughout the year, including trips and athletic leagues.
Check this page regularly to see the latest recreation program information. You can also check the City’s events calendar and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates and fun happenings.
NOTE: Most programs require a completed program registration form.While many are free, some do have a participation fee. You may register in person, by phone or by mail.
To register by mail, send your completed program form and any payment required to:
Kannapolis Parks and Recreation
700 West C Street
Kannapolis, NC 28081
Please make checks payable to “City of Kannapolis.”You may also call us at 704-920-4343 or email email@example.com to get your name on the program registration list. A completed registration form will still be required.
CURRENT PROGRAM LISTING
- Self Defense for youth – Wednesdays at Village Park; Class times vary; please click here to download the current spring 2014 class flyer for more information.
- Cheerleading for youth – Mondays at Kannapolis Middle School; Class times vary; please click here to download the current spring 2014 class flyer for more information.
- Adult Day Trips – The Parks and Recreation Department occasionally offers trip opportunities for adults. Below are some general guidelines for our trips. The minimum number of spaces for each trip vary based on group rates and there is typically a maximum of 25 spaces. Trips are for adults 18 and older unless otherwise noted. Trips sometimes have potential to last longer and/or end earlier than expected. Many trips may have a lot of walking so please wear comfortable shoes. Below are some of the current trips we are offering:
- Winston-Salem Air Show Day Trip
- Winston-Salem, NC
- Trip Details:
- Date: Saturday, September 13, 2014
- Registration and Fees Due by August 18, 2014 (Minimum 10, Maximum 25)
- Leave Village Park 10:00 AM and return by approx. 5:00 PM
- Cost: $30 per person (cost of lunch IS NOT included!)
- FAMILIES WELCOME!
- Barn Dinner Theatre
- Greensboro, NC
- Thursday, October 23, 2014
- Trip Details:
- Live Performance Showing: “A Closer Walk with Patsy Cline!”
- Date: Thursday, October 23, 2014
- Registration and Fees Due by Monday, September 15, 2014 (Minimum 18, Maximum 25)
- Leave Village Park 5:00 PM and return by approx. 10:00 PM
- Cost: $50 per person (cost of dinner IS included!)
- Daniel Boone Inn Day Trip
- Blowing Rock & Boone, NC
- Tuesday, October 7, 2014
- Trip Details:
- Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2014
- Registration and Fees Due by Monday, September 15, 2014 (Minimum 13, Maximum 25)
- Leave Village Park 8:30 AM and return by approx. 10:00 PM
- Cost: $30 per person (Dinner at Dan’l Boone Inn IS included!)
- Other local resources for youth sports and recreational programs include:
- NorthWest Rec League (baseball, softball, soccer, adult soccer)
- Beyond Basketball at Memorial Baptist
- Cabarrus County Parks & Recreation
- Cannon Memorial YMCA
- Charlotte Sports Center
- City of Concord Parks and Recreation
- Dixie Youth Baseball
- Odell Youth Sports
- Upward Youth Sports at Parkwood Baptist
- Kannapolis Youth Football