The Parks and Recreation department offers recreation programs throughout the year, including trips and athletic leagues. Check this page regularly to see the latest recreation program information. You can also check the City’s events calendar.
All programs require a completed program registration form, which should be mailed with your program fee, if applicable, to: Kannapolis Parks and Recreation, 700 West C Street, Kannapolis, NC 28081. Please make checks payable to “City of Kannapolis”.
You may also call us at 704-920-4343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your name on the program registration list. A completed program registration form will still be required.
CURRENT PROGRAM LISTING
- Self Defense for youth – Wednesdays at Village Park; Class times vary; please click here to download the current spring 2014 class flyer for more information.
- Cheerleading for youth – Mondays at Kannapolis Middle School; Class times vary; please click here to download the current spring 2014 class flyer for more information.
- DRAMA KIDS PRESCHOOL PROGRAM: An Enchanted Adventure awaits your child! Drama Kids’ “Magic Carpet” will take your child on a make-believe journey each month. Children will participate in fun activities designed to encourage confidence and creativity through dramatic play. Children will receive a “souvenir” from each adventure. The program is designed for children (without parents staying). Children tend to do better this way, unless there are special circumstances. Click here to register now and don’t miss the fun!
- Days of the Week: Mondays
- Dates: April 14, May 12 and June 9
- April 14- A Visit to Sillyville
- May 12- A Creepy, Crawly Adventure
- June 9- Traveling “Under” the Sea
- Time: 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Ages: 3 – 5 years old
- Fee: $8.00 per child per class
- Site: Village Park Program Room
- Min/Max: 08/16
- Pre-registration due one week prior to class.
- Bricks 4 Kidz Program - program provides a fun and exciting, hands-on approach to learning through the use of LEGO® bricks. Details:
- Who: Youth K-6th grade
- When: Classes begin Saturday, March 8 (3/8 – 4/12)
- Time: 10 – 11am
- Where: Village Park: 700 West C Street, Kannapolis
- Cost: $75/6 week session
- Min 8/Max 20 students
- Pre-register by Monday,
- *All children will take home a small Lego kit at the end of the 6 weeks*
- Book Store Tour: Based on the events of Mr. Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan, join Kannapolis Parks and Recreation on the quest to find new places and used books! Come along for the ride as we visit unique bookstores between here and Asheville NC. Wear comfortable shoes & bring your reading glasses. Details:
- When: Thursday, March 06, 2014;
- Time: Bus Departs: 8:30 a.m. from Village Park;
- Time: Returning: 4:30-5:00 p.m.;
- Cost: $25 plus cost of lunch;
- Min/Max: 06/25
- Pre-register by Monday, February 24, 2014
- Jackie Robinson Night at the Intimidators : Join the Intimidators on Friday, April 18 for a doubleheader – a ball game and a movie. Kannapolis Parks and Recreation will sponsor a tribute to Jackie Robinson by showing the movie “42″ after the game ends. Game starts at 7:05. Movie will begin as soon as the game reaches completion ~ about 9:15/9:30.
Jackie Robinson’s story is told in this biopic from writer/director Brian Helgeland. Robinson paved a new road for minorities by being the first African-American to play in Major League Baseball since the racial barrier was put in place in the late 1800s
- Other local resources for youth sports and recreational programs include: